Browse training resources for Fertilizer Canada’s ongoing safety initiatives and world–class training programs.
Bulk Carrier Training
The Bulk Carrier program provides specialized training for safe handling and transporting of anhydrous ammonia, and meeting the requirements outlined in the Canadian Transportation of Dangerous Goods (TDG) Regulations. The Bulk Carrier Training Manual provides a standardized set of processes used in the industry, in aspects such as loading, transporting, and ensuring that vessels, personnel, and equipment are within regulatory standards and industry best practices. The Bulk Carrier Training Manual helps industry workers understand specified requirements and procedures such as:
- Understanding product characteristics
- Transport requirements and regulations
- Anhydrous ammonia vessel signage requirements
- Truck/trailer transport requirements
- Understanding security and safety requirements
- Personal protective equipment
- Inspections and loading procedures
- First response for emergencies
- Incident reporting
On Guard – Ammonium Nitrate Safety & Security Information
On Guard informs users of ammonium nitrate about safe and secure on-farm use, and agri-retailers’ role in maintaining a secure and controlled storage facility.
As a farmer who handles ammonium nitrate should:
- Understand the security measures required to prevent the theft and tampering of ammonium nitrate
- Report any incidents (including attempted theft) and report them immediately
- Understand that unauthorized reselling of ammonium nitrate is strictly prohibited
- Know your agri-retailer’s role in ensuring safe and secure storage of ammonium nitrate
- Know that your agri-retailer has the responsibility to ensure the right amount of product is going into the right hands
Please report any suspicious activity to the RCMP National Security Information Network at 1-800-420-5805.