On Guard informs users of ammonium nitrate about safe and secure on-farm use, and agri-retailers’ role in maintaining a secure and controlled storage facility.
As a farmer who handles ammonium nitrate should:
- Understand the security measures required to prevent the theft and tampering of ammonium nitrate
- Report any incidents (including attempted theft) and report them immediately
- Understand that unauthorized reselling of ammonium nitrate is strictly prohibited
- Know your agri-retailer’s role in ensuring safe and secure storage of ammonium nitrate
- Know that your agri-retailer has the responsibility to ensure the right amount of product is going into the right hands
Please report any suspicious activity to the RCMP National Security Information Network at 1-800-420-5805.
Share this information today! Download, Print and Distribute Copies of the On Guard Brochure: