Fertilizer Canada Briefing Webinar: Nitrogen Benchmarking & Technology Roadmap Study
This webinar will provide a briefing on two soon-to-be-released reports from Fertilizer Canada: an updated Nitrogen Benchmarking Study, and a Technology Roadmap Study. The studies were conducted by WSP, with financial support provided from Natural Resources Canada (NRCan).
October 18th, 2023
1:00 – 2:300 Eastern Time
- Brief remarks from Fertilizer Canada to provide the purpose and context for the two reports;
- A technical briefing from WSP on each of the two reports; and
- An opportunity for participants to ask questions.
A brief summary of each of the reports
- Nitrogen Benchmarking Study: This study provides updated statistics on the emission intensity of Canada’s nine nitrogen production facilities, and compares them to other nitrogen-producing jurisdictions around the world. This gives industry and government an updated view on sustainability of nitrogen fertilizer production in Canada, and sets the stage for discussions on the importance of incentivizing continued investment in Canada to protect domestic competitiveness and prevent carbon leakage.
- Technology Roadmap Study: This report provides an overview of the technologies available to reduce greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions in the production and manufacture of fertilizers, highlighting the timelines and costs associated with decarbonization technology adoption. While the report focusses on technology solutions with the greatest potential to reduce GHG emissions, it also emphasizes the pathways to implementation, and the necessary government support required for sector decarbonization.
Webinar Link will be sent to your inbox upon registration
Bookings are closed for this event.
Date(s) - October 18, 2023
1:00 pm - 2:30 pm